Jersey Salted Caramel Brownies
- 250g unsalted butter
- 100 of Jersey salted caramel
- 200g La Mare Noir dark chocolate
- 50g La Mare milk chocolate
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 150g plain flour
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Line a 22cm square brownie tin with baking parchment. Melt the butter and La Mare Milk Chocolate together with La Mare 70% Noir chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and sift on the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Fold Jersey Salted Caramel into this in to give a fudgy batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle just set. Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.
- Drizzle Jersey Salted Caramel over the top of the brownies