Jersey Black Butter Cheesecake
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 225g (1 jar) La Mare Jersey Black Butter
- 1 vanilla pod (split
- and seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 500ml double cream
- 300g cream cheese
- Recipe from the Jersey Pottery
- Blend the digestive biscuits and butter in a food processor until fi necrumbs are formed.
- Press into an 8 inch fl an ring to make the base for the cheesecake.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Whisk the double cream to a soft peak and place it into the fridge.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds out into a bowl, adding the cream cheese and black butter. Gently whisk the ingredients together to make a smooth base for the cheesecake.
- Heat the water and the lemon juice in a pan until it simmers.
- Drain and squeeze the gelatine, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the gelatine.
- Add to the black butter and Philadelphia mix and fold in.
- Remove the double cream from the fridge and fold it into the cream cheese mix.
- Add the cheesecake mix to the lined ring, spread and smooth out with a pallet knife and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Run a hot knife around the sides of the cake ring to remove the cheesecake and decorate with strawberries.