- 250ml milk
- 250ml Double cream
- 6 large Egg yolks
- 80g Soft light brown sugar
- 100g Jersey Black Butter
- Sugar for glazing
- Heat together milk and cream
- Mix egg yolks with sugar
- Add heated milk and cream to the egg mixture and stir well
- Pass through a fine sieve and then stir in the Jersey Black Butter
- Place 4 ramekin dishes on a 4 sided tray and fill ramekins with Brulee mixture
- Fill tray with boiling water until 2/3 up the side of the ramekin dish and bake in a preheated oven at 100 degree for approx 1hour or until set.
- Place in fridge until chilled
Sprinkle lightly with sugar and glaze with a blow torch or under a hot grill.
Serve straight away after glazing, ideally with fresh berries and/or La Mare Jersey Shortbread