Vineyard and Orchards manager
Wine, CIder and Spirit production
La Mare Wine Estate and Distillery is a unique venue situated in the peaceful grounds of a traditional 18th century granite farmhouse, nestled in the beautiful Jersey countryside, comprising a working estate of vineyards, orchards and beautiful grounds. Established in 1972, La Mare has grown from a small vineyard into a busy tourism attraction, wedding and corporate venue as well as producing a range of local products that include wine, cider and distilled spirits.
La Mare is now looking to recruit a skilled and motivated Vineyard, Orchards and Grounds Manager.
The Job Role: Responsibilities & Accountabilities
A unique role within a dynamic business the Vineyard/orchard manager reports directly to the Production manager and the role is responsible for all aspects of vineyard, orchard and associated grounds management from a hands-on perspective. The individual will also assist with the wine, cider and spirits production as well as other areas of the business relating to events.
- Attractive salary
- Onsite accomodation available if required
- Working in a beautiful location
Skills – Knowledge – Experience
- A creative and open-minded approach to problem solving is a necessity.
- Previous Viticultural/Agricultural experience in relation to producing and harvesting a seasonal crop or experience within related agricultural, horticultural, landscaping/gardening industries is essential.
- Tractor driving skills essential.